Sunday, February 6, 2011

nighttime

Songs
Zombies by the Sea by Hoquiam- Damien Jurado and his brother
THE PEOPLE"S KEY ALBUM by Bright Eyes- "I'm still angry with no reason to be"
Talamak by Toro Y Moi - chill wave glo fi chill as shit whatever you want to classify it as
Rolling in the Deep by Adele- not sure why I like this so much lots of good remixes out there of it

up late and homesick the usual i guess

My friend Austin is good at constructing poems and stuff here is one i like entitled "nighttime":


it’s late and i’m depressed. slouching in my chair, i’m skimming old issues of scientific american and trying to be interested in something when there’s a knock at the door. it’s a tall and pale but beautiful woman surrounded by an all-girls choir. i ask her what’s going on and she says that music is the balm for a broken heart then lifts her arms and begins to sing a sweet long loud but gentle note and as she does golden glitter spills down from her hair and begins to fill my room. all the girls join in harmony and one by one their chests explode and spray different shades of gold until it covers my legs my neck my head and i’m floating.


No comments:

Post a Comment